We’re excited to announce availability of picTrove 2 pro version 2.2 for iOS 8 today! We’ve added major new features and the update is available for iOS 8 only.
Major new features
- URL share extension: The new URL share extension lets you search a website while you’re browsing it in Safari or any other supporting app on iOS 8. You can search for photos on the website and even on the exact page you’re browsing. Read more about the search in website extension on the feature page.
- Photo library integration: We love the new Photos app on iOS 8 and we just had to show some love for it in picTrove 2 pro. The new photos library integration adds a direct button in full photo view to save to a dedicated album in your Photo library. There’s also a bulk export option within picTrove 2 pro’s Saved Photos area to save photos to the device’s photo library. Read more about it here.
- Open URL API: Finally, we’ve added support for openURL API in picTrove 2 pro. You can now launch picTrove 2 pro with URL actions to search photos from your favorite 3rd party launchers. The technical details are here.
- Completely redone internal networking gives picTrove 2 pro even more performance and stability benefits.
- Faster internal web browser to see a photo’s web page supports automatic navigation bar hiding.
- Navigation bars automatically hide when you scroll through photo thumbnails in the side-by-side browsing interface
- The action bar in the side-by-side thumbnails view is reduced in height to show the maximum possible thumbnails
- Simplified, speedened the transitions between photos in the full photo view
- More visible, bluish tint color for quick visibility of buttons, actions
- Fixed cases where captions would show some invalid characters in Google Images